FAIRVIEW BAPTIST CHURCH HISTORY
In 1943, a home in the Fairview addition of Great Falls was rented, and a Sunday School was started, with help from the American Sunday School Union. Eventually, a building was purchased and moved to the corner of 17th Street and 13th Avenue South. On June 14, 1953, Fairview Baptist Church was organized as a local New Testament Church. The church moved to a larger building downtown in 1972.
Seven pastors have led Fairview, including Dr. Richard Dion, who was head Pastor for 46 years before retiring in 2013. Under his leadership, several ministries were started, including two schools. Treasure State Academy opened in 1973 (Pre-school + K-12), and Mountain States Baptist College was founded in 1981. Pastor Dion was succeeded by Pastor Steve Mix, who became a Christian through the outreach ministry of Fairview while serving in the Air Force at Malmstrom AF Base. Pastor Mix later graduated from Mountain States Baptist College and served as Pastor in Simms, MT and Kaysville, UT, before being called to Fairview in early 2014. Associate Pastors include Dr. Marc Elledge (Retired), Dr. Richard Jonas (VP of MSBC), and Jeff Simpson (Principal of TSA).
In July of 2014, the church again moved, this time to the location of TSA, at 4428 2nd Avenue N. The school building was remodeled for use as a temporary church meeting place, and construction on a new sanctuary and expanded room for the Academy was begun in Spring of 2015.
Fairview has started three other churches in the Great Falls area; Heritage Baptist in Great Falls (originally located in Ulm), Valley Baptist in Belt (no longer meeting), and Triumph Baptist in Great Falls. In addition to local ministries, missionaries from all over the world are supported monthly by Fairview. Fairview Baptist Church is associated with the Intermountain Baptist Fellowship (IMBF) and the New Testament Association of Independent Baptist Churches (NTAIBC).
[some excerpts taken from writings of Pastor Richard A Dion]